Community Pharmacy Chapter
Community Pharmacy Chapter Committee / Contact Person (2018-2020)
Chairman: Datin Mariani Ahmad Nizaruddin
Community Pharmacy Logo
This logo was decided recently from a logo competition carried out by the Pharmaceutical Services Division of the Ministry of Health, ...
Forum on Zoning of Community Pharmacy
The location or zoning of community pharmacies have been discussed at length some years ago. There have been attempts to provide some guidelines ...
World Pharmacists Day 2017, 07.10.2017 (Satuday), AEON Bukit Raja Shopping Centre, Klang
Event: World Pharmacists Day 2017 Date: 07hb. Oktober 2017 (Sabtu) Time: 9.00 am - 10.00 pm Venue: AEON ...
Allied Against Dengue - Fun Run
To highlight the danger of Dengue, there will be a Fun Run organized by the Allied Against Dengue group of which MPS is a part of, on 17th ...
OPEN INVITATION Official Launch of myPharmAssist (NEW: PROGRAM)
OPEN INVITATION (PHARMACISTS ONLY)
Updates on CP
Benchmarking Guidelines for Community Pharmacy Practice
Background ( For info only )
- Area: a minimum of 200 Sq. ft.
- Designated area for counselling, waiting area.
- Designated area for wet and dry compounding/dispensing.
- Exterior display:
Signboard: Pharmacy/Advertisement Ratio?
- Display of types of services available e.g. blood glucose, cholesterol, pregnancy, blood grouping tests or electronic blood pressure monitoring.
Locks to main door/gate.
Lock to Psychotropic drugs.
Poison products under lock and key.
Fire and burglary
- Level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- General Environment for clients.
Conform to occupational and safety health requirements : escape way.
Arrangement/ display of OTC products; ease of selection of products.
Temperature, lighting and ventilation.
- Availability of refrigerator.
- Method of pharmaceutical waste disposal. (For info only)
- Inventory control : computerisation/ stockcards.
- Availability of mortar and pestle, weighing balance, counting tray and measuring cylinders.
- Image presented, both RPH and staff dressing code.
- Training for staff.
Dispensing of Medicines
- Dispensing must be under the supervision of the pharmacist.
Dangerous drugs and Psychotropic.
Prescription and Pharmacy Only Medicines (Gp C)
Cases of referral to pharmacists by pharmacy/sales assistants.
- Screening of prescription by the pharmacist. The Pharmacist must ensure that the patient receives sufficient info and advise to enable the safe and effective use of the medicines.
- Dispensing container : use of amber bottle.
- Labelling (printed and hand written) bears the proprietary/generic names, strength, quantity, manufacturer’s name, batch no and expiry dates.
- Maintenance of Patient Medication Record. (By means of card, a record book, by computer)
- Steps to minimise e.g. incorrect selection, incorrect interpretation.
- Checking procedures and cautions.
- External use - preferably to store separately from internal use items.
- Control of expired and expiring stocks.
- Storage space/compartments.
- BPC 1970 ?
- Other reference books and relevant legislation references.
- Pharmacist’s ethics.
- The accountability of the pharmacist.
- Professional competence. Involvement in MPS’s CPE programme.
- Observance of relevant laws.
- The pharmacist must ensure that the confidentiality of patient information.
- Extent of interaction with colleagues and other health professionals.
- Participation in MPS activities.
Participation in Health Promotion Activities.
- Participation in community activities.